- Ensure all surfaces are clean, dry and free form grease and other contaminants.
New metal: Sand down thoroughly and wipe clean.
Rusty metal: Remove loose or flaking rust with a wire brush. Sand down thoroughly to provide a smooth surface and wipe clean.
Previously painted metal: Remove any flaking or blistered paint/rust. Sand down and wipe clean.
- Stir well with a broad stirring stick to the bottom of the can. This is essential to ensure an even finish.
New, previously painted or slightly rusty metal: Apply 1-2 generous coats using a natural bristle brush suitable for solvent-based paints. For best results apply 2 coats. Allow the first coat to dry thoroughly, then sand down lightly and wipe clean before applying the second coat.
Very rusty metal: Apply 3 coats, working the first coat well into the surface. Allow to dry thoroughly. Lightly sand imperfections between coats.
- Remove as much paint as possible from brushes before cleaning. For best results use Polycell Brush Cleaner.
- Safety, Health and Environment
International is a brand of Imperial Chemical Industries Limited trading as ICI Paints AkzoNobel. It is the policy of AkzoNobel to provide the highest standard of safety, health and environmental advice and information. Safety data sheets are freely available on the website or to users on request.
Ensure good ventilation during application and drying.
Avoid the inhalation of dust. Wear a suitable face mask if dry sanding.
Special precautions should be taken during surface preparation of pre-1960s paint surfaces over wood and metal as they may contain harmful lead.
- Not suitable for galvanised or non-ferrous metals, e.g. aluminium, copper and brass. Use International Special Metals Primer instead.
Return to Product