High Performance Tile Paint
- Ensure all surfaces are clean, dry and free from dirt, grease and other contaminants.
All cleaning product residues should be removed prior to painting. Silicone based cleaning products are not recommended prior to using International High Performance Tile Paint.
Grout lines should be scrubbed clean using a nail brush to remove all dirt, mould and grease.
Dry all surfaces with a lint free cloth.
Prime unpainted tiles with International Tile Primer.
Lightly sand any imperfections prior to applying International High Performance Tile Paint.
- Stir thoroughly with a broad stirring stick to the bottom of the can. This is essential to ensure an even colour and finish.
Apply 2 coats of International High Performance Tile Paint, using a high density foam roller suitable for gloss paint or a natural bristle brush suitable for solvent-based paints.
Unpainted tiles may be primed with International Tile Primer for superior adhesion prior to application of International High Performance Tile Paint.
- Remove as much paint as possible from brushes before cleaning. For best results use Polycell Brush Cleaner.
- Safety, Health and Environment
International is a brand of Imperial Chemical Industries Limited trading as ICI Paints AkzoNobel. It is the policy of AkzoNobel to provide the highest standard of safety, health and environmental advice and information. Safety data sheets are freely available on the website or to users on request.
Ensure good ventilation during application and drying.
Avoid the inhalation of dust. Wear a suitable face mask if dry sanding.
Special precautions should be taken during surface preparation of pre-1960s paint surfaces over wood and metal as they may contain harmful lead.
- Redefine grout lines using International Grout Pen.
Use a high density foam roller suitable for gloss paint to achieve a smooth finish.
Not suitable for floor tiles, kitchen worktops or near heat sources eg. cookers, hobs.
Return to Product