Quick Drying Radiator Enamel
- Ensure all surfaces are clean, dry and free from dirt, grease and other contaminants.
Radiators should be cold before painting.
Previously painted and factory finished radiators: Clean radiators thoroughly with a proprietary cleaner. Lightly sand and dust clean. Spot prime any bare areas with International Quick Drying Radiator Primer.
Bare metal: Apply 2 coats of International Quick Drying Radiator Primer (substitutes will not work) following the instructions on the can.
Bare wood: Prime with an appropriate wood primer, following the instructions on the can.
- Stir well with a broad stirring stick to the bottom of the can. This is essential to ensure an even colour and finish.
Apply two coats using a synthetic brush, leaving the first coat to dry for 4 hours before applying the second coat.
- Remove as much paint as possible from brushes before cleaning with water.
- Safety, Health and Environment
International is a brand of Imperial Chemical Industries Limited trading as ICI Paints AkzoNobel. It is the policy of AkzoNobel to provide the highest standard of safety, health and environmental advice and information. Safety data sheets are freely available on the website or to users on request.
Ensure good ventilation during application and drying.
Avoid the inhalation of dust. Wear a suitable face mask if dry sanding.
Special precautions should be taken during surface preparation of pre-1960s paint surfaces over wood and metal as they may contain harmful lead.
- Application is not recommended in damp conditions, or if the temperature is below 10°C or above 22°C.
Return to Product